Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The End of Perfection?

Why has it been so long since I blogged? One quote explains it all - a quote that is now posted on my computer monitor, most likely permanently.

"The path to perfection leads to procrastination." - Harry Beckwith

This describes my life in so many different areas. For example, this is exactly why I haven't blogged. First it was because I couldn't think of something perfectly entertaining to write about. Then I got sick over the weekend and all I could think to write was that I was sick. Then I was done being sick, and I still didn't have anything perfectly hilarious or brilliant to write. So, as I usually do, I just kept putting it off. But, why? Sometimes, probably most times, things just don't have to be perfect. (Things are never absolutely perfect.) It would be much better to get it done, maybe not completely up to my top standard, but done rather than put it off for weeks hoping I will get it just right. Some things just need to be let go.

This is a lesson that I will be teaching myself over and over again. Probably my entire lifetime. But, I am definitely hoping to improve on it. The post-it should eventually ingrain in into my brain.

No comments: