Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Road Trip

Trevor, somehow, can talk me into anything! And it makes me mad! About two weeks ago he found out about a work trip he had to go on - driving from Archbold to Frankfort, Kentucky then on to Blacksburg, Virginia, and then back home. All in all it came to about eighteen hours of driving in four days time. He didn't want to go alone, and I didn't want him to either - but I didn't want to be the one drug along for the ride.

I fought it for days, saying there was no possible way that I could go. I just had too much to get done. But, what do you know, the day before he was going to leave I said I would find a way to make it work. And so, I put myself through one of the worst trips of my life last Sunday through Thursday. Yes, there were moments of fun - slight moments! But most of it was just horrible! I won't make you go through what I did so here are some images from the few moments worth remembering.

Here's what I saw a lot of...cars and road.  







When I got really bored I did a little experimenting with my camera while we drove.  I really enjoy these images...they might be adorning my bedroom walls soon when I redecorate.








One of our stops was Virginia Tech.  We made sure to find the memorial from the shootings on April 16th, 2007.  I had known that 32 people were killed in this tragedy, but seeing a stone for each person made it that much more real.  It was simple, but still very moving. 










No comments: