Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, January 16, 2009

2009

At the end of 2008 I reflected on my year over and over, and I was so amazed how blessed I have been. With the health of my family, the love of my husband, and the ability to wake up and do what I love each and every day. I am so thankful. The thing that I am most amazed by though is how much my business has grown just in the past six months. On any given day, it feels like I am only moving inch by inch, but looking back over the whole I have moved miles.

So when 2009 arrived, I had no idea what was going to be in store for the new year. And to my surprise, I am already blown away. My business is already in an entirely different place than it was even two weeks ago. I just keep shaking my head in amazement. One of the most exciting things that has happened is that my website is a finalist in the Showit Sites of the year contest! WOW! If you are an Open Source Photo member click here to vote, or if you just want to take a look at the other websites that I am honored to be associated with click here.  I cannot wait to see what 2009 holds for me and my business!

And on a side note, my biggest New Year's resolution is to do everything that I want to do. There are always those things that you think, "Someday I would love to..." but you just don't do it. I want to do it all! There is always the fear that it is stupid, or it won't turn out the way you think it will, or that you might fail, but I keep saying what is the worst that could happen? One of the first things that I did was take a Surrey Ride (horse drawn sleigh ride) on the top of the hill at Crystal Mountain on the little trip we took for our second wedding anniversary last weekend. Sounds romantic right? That is what we thought, but as it turned out it was us with three other families along with their screaming children. We laughed the entire time! It wasn't what we thought, but we did it and had fun.

And, so you get a good Friday laugh, here is a few pictures of me in front of an extremely large chicken! It is one of the things that I just wanted to do, for no reason really, just that I wanted to do it. And I am so glad I did! I have wanted a picture of me beside this chicken for years! Enjoy!



1 comment:

Jill said...

Life is short...I am glad you are doing the things that make you happy. After all isn't that what life should be about.
Always proud of you and always love you so much!