Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Home

This blog post has been a long time coming. Finally, my house feels like it is in order. And, actually, I feel kind of lost without any projects to be working on in the evenings. Knowing me though, I will begin another project soon enough.

I'll never forget the day we got the keys to our first home because it was my birthday, August 23rd. From that moment until the last week of September we were working on the house 24/7. There was always someone here. It was a form of exhaustion that I have never felt before, and it seemed like the longest month of my life. But we made it, and like everyone told us along the way, it was definitely worth it.

To fully appreciate this post, make sure to go back and look at the before pictures. This is by far the longest post I have ever done. I thought about splitting it up into two, but I have promised this to you for so long that I decided to package it up as one big present! So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy a tour of our house!

Living Room:




I love these birds. Everything about them makes me happy. I got them at Green Awning Gallery in Stryker, OH.



Luckily, we had all of this furniture somehow squeezed into our apartment.





This print hanging on the wall was given to me from a fellow classmate at Otterbein, very close friend, and one of my very first brides this summer, Anna. I absolutely adore it! The lamp, I fell in love with at T.J. Maxx and just could not go home without it.



I made a major trip to IKEA right after we moved in. The hall tree and magazine hanging rack are both from there.










Kitchen and Laundry Room:
One of the major projects was painting all the cupboards. I think it made a big difference to the look of the room though.







My little brother got these for me for my birthday at an auction. They belong in this kitchen.











I am so happy that I added these shelves. They are added storage that will never go to waste.





Sitting Room:






Found these great frames for free, and then I spray painted them yellow. They work perfectly for the images of Trevor and I at the fair that were taken by C Studios.








This table was another one of my great finds. I got it at a garage sale for ten dollars and then spray painted it.



This is one of my favorite pieces of art that I own. The artist is Kelly Goode, and you can find more about her here. I bought this in Savannah, Georgia, and while I was there I actually got to meet the artist and talk to her for awhile. Our lives seemed to be running parallel in so many ways. All of this makes this piece very special to me.

And the lamp is from IKEA.



Extra Bedroom:







Hallway:
Pictures are obviously a very large part of my life. I decided that this was going to be my picture wall. I am going to continue to let it grow and change.



Bathroom:
This is by far the biggest change in the entire house. It went from my most hated room to my favorite. We painted the cupboards and walls, new flooring, new shower, new faucet, and new toilet.



And, of course, my shower curtain from Anthropologie that I chose before we even had the keys to the house. It was my inspiration for the entire bathroom.



Oh, and new lighting fixtures, new mirror, new towel and toilet paper racks.







I got all of these frames for free too and just spray painted them.





Office:
It is so unbelievable to finally have a room that is completely dedicated to my business. I love it!



The art on the wall is mine that I did in College. I had them framed because they were accepted into the Ohio State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition. Ever since then I have had no where to hang them since they were so large until now. I am so happy to see them everyday now. They are acetone photo transfers that I did from images that I had taken of my brothers.


I got these chairs at a garage sale this summer for $4 a piece. Then I found this fabric, and my mom recovered them for me.


Tables from, of course, IKEA. I have seen these on just about every show on tv because they are only $7.99 a piece. Amazing! And somehow, Willie slipped into one of the pictures.



I got all the office furniture from Sauder Store and Outlet.


All of the vintage cameras on the book self are from garage sales, and each one has some kind of story behind it. The green boxes and the curtains are both from IKEA.


Bedroom:
This definitely has become my favorite color of paint in the entire house. I just love it.








I took these images on a road trip through Virginia and thought that they would work perfect in this room. The shelf and the frames are from IKEA.





This is more than a house now, it is our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah-
You did a WONDERFUL job decorating your home!! It's beautiful!! I think I see an option for an expansion of L. Renee Studios... home decorating! Krysti (Ross) Bowerman