Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Blog List

I am a complete list person, so there is no surprise that I would have a list of ideas for blog entries. Many times though, they never develop because there is simply not enough to write about the subject. I would compare it to the way I think of the iPad right now. It is not completely a laptop, but it is more than an iphone. Just like these notes are not quite an entire blog entry, but yet they deserve much more than the 140 characters that Twitter can give to them. So, here are some random things that are on my blog list this week.

1. My husband got me this awesome necklace for Christmas! I love it so much! On the little circle it says, "Vous etes mon destin" which means " You are my destiny."



2. I am so excited about my new Diana Lens. It's a plastic lens that goes right on my digital camera - so I get the ease of use that my digital camera provides, but I get the look of the old plastic cameras. I have not got to test it out a whole lot yet, but I can't wait to get outside with it. Here is a picture of Willie in the snow I took the first day I got it.



3. Ok, this is very hard to actually say out loud, especially to a large audience. I think I have to bite the bullet though. I am training for a half-marathon. There, I said it. I have been terrified to actually admit this to anyone because honestly, I don't know if I can do it. I have never ran a race in my life, but I have always wanted to do a half-marathon. Want may be the wrong word. I just thought it would be an awesome accomplishment. I am sure I will have many struggles along the way, and I will definitely keep you updated on my training. What's the worst that could happen? I guess quitting the entire training early, or not being able to finish the race. I sure hope neither of those things happen.

4. Because I am training for a half-marathon, my entire body hurts. (I thought exercise was suppose to make you feel good) The best thing that I have found to help with my aches is yoga. And I love the Namaste Yoga on FitTv! I had a bunch of episodes DVRed until my husband decided to switch cable companies. I just thought that I would have to rerecord them all. No big deal, right? Then I realized that our new cable company does not offer FitTv at all. I was very angry about this! So I have been searching everywhere to see if they were offered on DVD, and after searching for four months I found them today! I am pumped! You can get them here. So on those days when I know I will not be able to run without a great stretch, I will be popping in this DVD.

5. I am reminded over and over again that to be successful in my photography business (or most businesses for that matter) I have got to be myself. But there are so many times that I am looking at other photographers' blogs that I wish I could be like them, or take pictures like them, or be as successful as them. We all do it in every area of life. We can remind ourselves that life works best when you are you, but sometimes it takes something special for the advice to set in. Last night, watching the Grammy Awards it sunk in for me. The Michael Jackson tribute was unbelievable, and I kept thinking about how big Jennifer Hudson's voice is. Just absolutely gorgeous! And then when Jennifer Nettles performed with Bon Jovi I was reminded how distinct her voice is and beautiful. But Jennifer Nettles could never sing like Jennifer Hudson. The same as Jennifer Hudson could never sing like Jennifer Nettles. I will never be anybody but me. Being completely myself is what can make me distinct and help me stand out from the crowd because I know there is no one out there exactly like me.

6. And if you read my last blog post, here is a picture of the meal that I made about a week ago. It looks pretty, and it was good but not great.



4 comments:

Gail said...

Few things:

1) That necklace is DIVINE.

2) Your pup is cute.

3) I'm training for a half-marathon too. This will be my hubby and I's 3rd. They never get any easier, but you are spot-on with the yoga recommendation ;)

4) I need to follow you on Twitter. Am I already? I don't think so. Help a girl out :)

Lydia said...

Love that necklace!

L Renee Studio said...

Thanks Lydia!

erica said...

ooh!! I'd love to know where you got the necklace! I love it!

p.s. voted :)