Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Teddy Bears

The older I get, the more I realize that I am becoming my mother. It seems all of us women go through this at some point. Yet there are always some characteristics that we swear we will never have. Never!! If I had to name one great quality that my mom has given to me, I would have to say it would be my creativity. It is what has led me to my career today.

My mom has always been a creative person, from stitching all of us kids' baby blankets, to creating a twetty bird costume for me for halloween one year, to scrap-booking my entire high school career beautifully. Her talents never end. But the most meaningful item that she has made for me, my brother and my sister has to be our teddy bears. My dad died when I was only ten years old, my sister was seven, and my brother was four. It was a hard time to go through because we missed our Daddy so much, but my mom's strength for us was indescribable. I truly do not know how she did it. A few years after my dad had died, she gave each of us kids a teddy bear made out of our dad's clothing for Christmas. This teddy bear is so precious to me. Even though it has been fourteen years since my dad died, there are still times that holding my teddy bear makes me feel closer to him.

Since that Christmas, my mom started a mini-business of making these very special bears. She not only loves the process of creating each one of a kind bear, but she also loves knowing that she may be bringing a bit of comfort to each person that holds one of these bears close.

I am working on some advertising materials for her and took a few images of one of the bears she has made. If you are interested in more information about a teddy bear of your own, contact Jill by clicking here.






Each bear has a unique memory heart on the butt.






And here is me with my teddy bear!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Leah,
You made me cry. Thank you so much for your kind words. You are so gifted at that. Thank you also for your confidence in my bear making to put it on your blog. Your photography makes that special bear come alive. Most of all thank you for loving me.
I love you very much, Mom