Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Merry-Go-Round

As a photographer, I am willing to do anything to get the shot that I want. I get so excited about it that I don't always think things through the way I would normally. Recently, I have come close to getting hit by a truck. I have pulled a muscle in my leg climbing up on a bail of hay. I have also climbed on top of my parents' 12-passenger van - which didn't feel that stupid until I tried to get back down. I have slowly almost backed into a pond and into a pool. But I have never regretted doing anything as much as what I just recently attempted.

While taking photos of my brothers, I decided that it would be great if I took some images of them playing on the merry-go-round. Of course I had to climb aboard with one of the boys, while the other spun us as hard as he possibly could. I was completely caught up in the moment because I was so excited by the fun, playful shots I was getting of them. So caught up that I did not realize how sick I was getting until I pulled my camera away from my eye. In that instant, I knew it wasn't going to be good. I didn't lose my lunch, but I did have to take them home so that I could rest awhile before I photographed my other two brothers. I cannot say that I will never do this again, but I will definitely make sure it is at the end of the shoot.

Hopefully you can enjoy these images!











I get sick to my stomach just looking at them!

No comments: