Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Elizabeth + Justin | Engagement

I have never been so excited for a photo session! When I got this email from Elizabeth, one of my 2010 brides, I literally jumped up and down!

Just wanted to let you know that Justin and I are super pumped about our
engagement pictures! After much contemplation.... We are going to try for
a 1970's look... not crazy, bright, loud, hippie, retro 70s... but more of
a classy vintage style.


Along with the email she sent me this image as their inspiration.



I was speechless for awhile. I have been wanting to do something like this for so long and know the right couple had come along! After more planning and lots of brainstorming, I don't think the session could have been any better. Justin is wearing a three piece vintage suit that he borrowed from a friend, and Elizabeth got her dress off of ebay and then had it altered. They brought along a record player and some old records, and I brought along my thrift store suitcases that I bought months ago waiting for just the perfect session. We chose to go to downtown Bowling Green for the session. It became the perfect background to create the vintage 70's look.

Thank you Elizabeth and Justin for not only stepping outside the box, but challenging me in a whole new way also! I cannot wait for your 2010 wedding!
Enjoy!




















I loved Elizabeth's shoes, and she just found those at a local thrift store the night before our session!





















We stumbled upon this record store, and I could not pass up an opportunity like that.





This is another idea that they found while looking at images online. (They did their research!) They handmade this quilt with their wedding date and are going to use these images for their Save The Date. How cute is that?





























And if you want to see more, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

2 comments:

Joshua Ulmer said...

Love it! Think you hit it spot on!!!

BG..I used to drive there everyday to see my finace' at WKU...BG has lots of cool spots around it!

Wow Bg brings back memories...it's been over 5yrs now since we've been there!

shp photography said...

I love themed photo shoots!! I feel like it adds something extra and you immediately know what look they are going for :) The close up of hise suit with her in the background is s cool!
xo Sarah